There are three levels of service provided by OppInc.’s One-Stop Workforce Centers: Career Services Basic, Career Services Enhanced and Training Services.
OppInc. services are funded through the US Department of Labor so there is never a charge.
Career Services (Basic)
No Eligibility Required
Basic assistance and self-directed services available to all job seekers.
- Work skills exploration
- Access to computers, internet telephones, fax and copy machines
- Searches for jobs and training
- Access to job banks and other listings of available jobs
- Referral to employers with current job openings
- Résumé development assistance
- Job search training
- Networking skills workshops
- Interview techniques workshops
- Eligibility determination for additional services
Career Services (Enhanced)
Eligibility Determination May Be Required
One-on-one and small group assistance provided by an OppInc Career Developer. Visit your nearest OppInc One-Stop Workforce Center to determine eligibility for these services.
- Comprehensive assessments of skills and service needs
- Development of an individual employment and career plan
- Intensive career counseling
- In-depth interviewing skills development
- Computer workshops
- One-on-one assistance with résumés, cover letters and thank you letters
- Ongoing Follow-up and Assistance
- Occupational skills training
Intensive services clients may be eligible to receive funding for occupational skills training from an OppInc approved training provider or an employer while on-the-job.
- On-the job training
- Job readiness training
- Adult education (GED) and literacy
- Customized training for an employer who commits to hiring clients
OppInc. also provides many services to employers.