The Hampton Roads Workforce Development Board operates six committees:
- The Executive Committee plans, coordinates and expedites the work of the Board and may take action, when necessary, between Board meetings. The Executive Committee exercises the authority and power of the Board, to the extent permitted by law.
- The Finance and Audit Committee is charged with budget oversight, training certification, performance management and personnel administration.
- The Policy and Strategic Planning Committee develops a vision for the future of the region's Workforce Development System.
- The Workforce Services Committee provides oversight for training programs and contractors; makes recommendations to the Board regarding funding and service priorities; and oversees the One-Stop Workforce Center System.
- The Youth Council develops the portions of the local plan related to youth, subject to the approval of the Board.
- The Business Services Committee works with business and industry to identify their workforce needs. The Committee oversees the dissemination of labor market information; develops strategies to address short and long-term requirements for skills; and directs strategies for building a comprehensive, regional system for occupational advancement, career ladders and worker retraining.
for a calendar of upcoming meetings.
Opportunity Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/program.
(Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.)