The Hampton Roads Workforce Development Board operates seven committees:
- Executive Committee
plans, coordinates and expedites the work of the Board and may take action, when necessary, between Board meetings. The Executive Committee exercises the authority and power of the Board, to the extent permitted by law.
- Finance and Audit Committee
is charged with budget oversight, training certification, performance management and personnel administration.
- Policy and Strategic Planning Committee
develops a vision for the future of the region’s Workforce Development System.
- Workforce Services Committee
provides oversight for training programs and contractors; makes recommendations to the Board regarding funding and service priorities; and oversees the One-Stop Workforce Center System.
- Youth Services Committee
develops the portions of the local plan related to youth, subject to the approval of the Board.
- Business Services Committee
works with business and industry to identify their workforce needs. The Committee oversees the dissemination of labor market information; develops strategies to address short and long-term requirements for skills; and directs strategies for building a comprehensive, regional system for occupational advancement, career ladders and worker retraining.
- Communications Committee oversees the development and implementation of communication activities for the Board. The committee will ensure coordination of communication efforts to share information and resources with job seekers, employers and stakeholders.